Our Facilities for Group Camps Or Private Use
Clubs, Riding Clubs, individuals or groups of friends are welcome
to book a camp or horse riding holiday at the farm. We often host
club camps here in the summer months, some clubs book a year ahead
to confirm dates so early booking is advised! You or your group
can either stay onsite and use our facilities at your own discretion,
or we can provide lessons and organise local farm treks and bush
walks during your stay.
arena surrounded by native bush, farmland and river makes for a
very scenic riding and camp location.
The Mini Hunter
Derby course setup in a gently rolling paddock is great fun for
- Large sheltered camping paddock surrounded by native bush, farmland
- Easy access for all floats and trucks.
- 39 large permanent wooden yards for horses to stay in.
- Horse wash bay.
- Water and hoses at campsite and yards.
- Toilets (permanent long-drop plus hired portable toilets for larger
- Hot gas showers.
- Large all weather sand arena with competition quality showjumps.
- Fun Derby course in a gently rolling paddock.
- River next to campsite for swimming.
- Lessons with Greg and Diana can be organised if required.
- Local farm rides or guided treks can be arranged.
- Quiet road riding.
- 4WD Bush track accessed opposite the campsite.
- Many beautiful native bush walks (for hiking)here in the valley
and local surrounds (Diana can guide your group if requested to
a beautiful waterfall!).
- 5 minute drive or Courtesy Van to local Hikutaia Pub "the
Pioneer Tavern" for cheap generous meals, 50cent pool table
and juke box.
- Close to all amenities, approx 10 minutes drive to Paeroa, 20
minutes to Thames.
us to check dates, discuss rates and to book your camp.
who are interested in coming for consecutive days lessons outside
of scheduled clinics are also welcome anytime of year. For example,
come for a lesson in the afternoon, relax for the evening in the
campsite with your horse safely yarded nearby, then progress with
another lesson the next day or more. Please contact
us anytime if you would like to discuss your requirements.
including permanent wooden yards for the horse to stay in.
in the swimming hole after lessons on a hot summers day!
a memorable horse riding holiday with your friends.