Hire Our Facilities for Group Camps Or Private Use
Pony Clubs, Riding Clubs, individuals or groups of friends are welcome to book a camp or horse riding holiday at the farm. We often host club camps here in the summer months, some clubs book a year ahead to confirm dates so early booking is advised! You or your group can either stay onsite and use our facilities at your own discretion, or we can provide lessons and organise local farm treks and bush walks during your stay.
Chester Farm arena surrounded by native bush, farmland and river makes for a very scenic riding and camp location.
The Mini Hunter Derby course setup in a gently rolling paddock is great fun for all levels!
- Large sheltered camping paddock surrounded by native bush, farmland and river.
- Easy access for all floats and trucks.
- 39 large permanent wooden yards for horses to stay in.
- Horse wash bay.
- Water and hoses at campsite and yards.
- Toilets (permanent long-drop plus hired portable toilets for larger groups).
- Hot gas showers.
- Large all weather sand arena with competition quality showjumps.
- Fun Derby course in a gently rolling paddock.
- River next to campsite for swimming.
- Lessons with Greg and Diana can be organised if required.
- Local farm rides or guided treks can be arranged.
- Quiet road riding.
- 4WD Bush track accessed opposite the campsite.
- Many beautiful native bush walks (for hiking)here in the valley and local surrounds (Diana can guide your group if requested to a beautiful waterfall!).
- 5 minute drive or Courtesy Van to local Hikutaia Pub "the Pioneer Tavern" for cheap generous meals, 50cent pool table and juke box.
- Close to all amenities, approx 10 minutes drive to Paeroa, 20 minutes to Thames.
Please contact us to check dates, discuss rates and to book your camp.
Individual riders who are interested in coming for consecutive days lessons outside of scheduled clinics are also welcome anytime of year. For example, come for a lesson in the afternoon, relax for the evening in the campsite with your horse safely yarded nearby, then progress with another lesson the next day or more. Please contact us anytime if you would like to discuss your requirements.
Excellent facilities including permanent wooden yards for the horse to stay in.
Fun in the swimming hole after lessons on a hot summers day!
Share a memorable horse riding holiday with your friends.