Pony Club & Riding Group Camps
Through summer we host many annual Pony Club camps and private group camps at the farm.
Our camps are great for Pony Clubs or groups to come and enjoy the facilities and natural surroundings, and offer a unique chance to experience and create unforgettable memories with your horse and family/group.
The farm, set on 34 acres in its beautiful Maratoto Valley setting has areas for you to explore, with a derby course and arena also available. Depending on the season, you might also like to take a dip in our tranquil neighbouring swimming hole.
Riding lessons are completely optional if you’re camping at Chester Farm. However you may wish to host your clubs own instructors which is completely fine too.
While the aim is to arrive and not need to leave, it’s good to know there’s also options nearby and to get your bearings;
- cycle trails within 7km
- local shop for coffee, food and basic supplies – 6km
- local pub for a good hearty meal and a beer or other to end the day – 6km
- Paeroa township – 16km
- Thames township – 25km
Dinner at the Local Tavern
For dinner one night, a popular option is the local, “Pioneer Tavern” (Hikutaia Pub). A curtesy van is also available, but must be booked in advance – we are happy to book on your behalf (details are included in our Camp Booking Form). Subject to availability. If required,
Booking & Waiver Forms
Camp Facilities at Chester Farm
- Camping area suitable for parking and pitching tents
- Fresh clean drinking water straight from any tap
- Sheltered Picinic area including BBQ
- Hot gas showers
- Power points to charge devices
- 40x 4× 4m post and rail yards for horses
- 55x55m all weather sand based arena with full set of showjumps and fill
- A full and varied low level Derby course set over undulating pasture with jumps and natural obstacles from 30cm – 1m
- Over 20 different fences to choose from
- Neighbouring swimming hole suitable for young and old horse and human to cool off after a hot day
- Nearby farm rides over 300 acres of well fenced and raced hill country
- Nearby bush rides and or amazing bush walks for you to explore including the ” Wires Track” and famous Maratoto Rock climb with breathtaking views.